Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 22nd, 2015 15:00

VSM Storage Network Connectivity Help

Ok I have successfully deployed the VSM 4.5 appliance within my vCenter and am now at the point of setting up the Storage Mgmt Network.  I have the IP, subnet mask, gateway, etc in place but yet I still cannot connect to my PS6000 array.

Trying to do the ping diag test nets me a 100% packet loss.

My iSCSI network is on a separate network than my vcenter, so it would seem that for whatever reason the traffic is not being routed properly within the appliance yet I do not know how to correct this.  Maybe that's not even the reason.

I've attached the output from the show route command on the appliance.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

Start reading en.community.dell.com/.../20441303 at page 12. You can add a 2nd. nic to the VSM so it can be part of 2 different subnets. The first nic should be in the same subnet as your vCenter which makes life a lot easier and the 2nd. one is placed in the iSCSI subnet. Maybe you have to create a VM portgroup first which needs to be on a vSwitch with also have the iSCSI VMK(s).

Regards,

Joerg

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

Do you use the last port of your PS6000 as dedicated management or iSCSI on all 4 ports?  IIRC you can add a 2nd. nic ot the VSM and place them into your iSCSI network. So no routing is needed .

This kind of setup was pretty standard in the early days of asm/ve.  Poke around in the webClient and the option within VSM if there is something like "Storage Network" or try to take a look into the Manual.

Regards,

Joerg

No Events found!