Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2013 07:00

Compellent SC8000 latency values

Hi,

Looking for day to day or "average" results for a Compellent SC8000, used as dedicated SAN for MS-SQL server.

Preliminary SQLIO results (64kb random test with 100GB file) on a 4TB LUN gave following results:

CUMULATIVE DATA:
throughput metrics:
IOs/sec: 687.19
MBs/sec: 42.94
latency metrics:
Min_Latency(ms): 1
Avg_Latency(ms): 22
Max_Latency(ms): 679

Multi-path was configured and the Windows Cluster is not live yet.

The values I am interested to hear from others are avg latency and MBs, especially on a live production server.

685 Posts

January 15th, 2013 15:00

Sql-lover,

Unfortunately, there is not a standard default average for the amount of latency that you should expect on an SC8000 system. The reason I say that is because there are a lot of variables that must be taken into consideration that will have an affect on the amount of latency that you will see. Some of the variables that I am referring to  are the number of disks, type/class of disks, number of front end paths and their transport type, just to name a few. This is something that really varies depending on the customer. Are you using Enterprise Manager? If you are then you can do a phone home every 4 hours through EM and co-pilot would be able to come up with an approximate range for you. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!