Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2012 08:00

SAN HQ ICMP Ping

Question - is there a way to modify the ICMP ping timeout value for SAN HQ when it checks the group for connectivity?

I am monitoring ~800 PS4000 throughout the country and when I use SAN HQ to monitor them the heartbeat ping that gets sent sends an error (warning) message to an Inbox if it does not hear back in a timely manner. This becomes an issue when you so many devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

May 24th, 2012 09:00

Let me check on this, but from my knowledge, currently there doesn't appear to be a way to configure the timeout value.

-joe

15 Posts

June 5th, 2012 12:00

Thanks Joe for the response. Is there any future thought to make this configurable?

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

June 6th, 2012 07:00

Are all 800 PS4000 individual Storage groups or 2 member PS4000 SGs?  Are you polling through a single SANHQ server that connects to each SG?

A possible solution is setting up a SAN HQ Server at each facility and a SAN HQ Client to manage the SAN HQ environment and viewing data collected by the SAN Head-Quarters servers.

The SAN HQ Client accesses the log files maintained by the SAN HQ Servers.  You can run the SAN HQ Client on multiple computers, so you can have one at the main office and one at each location if you choose.  This setup requires that the "master" client has access to each of the SAN HQ Log file directorys.

More information on this setup is in the SAN HQ User Guide.

As far as setting the Ping timeout, still no word about if or when it can be changed.

-joe

No Events found!