Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2010 20:00

Adjusting Touch Pad Sensitivity

The touch pad on my Inspiron laptop is so sensitive that when I'm typing and my left thumb barely brushes the touch pad the curser is moved to another part of the screen and I'm typing in another place - or something else erratic happens.  I need to make the touch pad less sensitive or disable it altogether (I usually use a mouse connected to a USB port.).  Can someone tell me how to get to where I can adjust or disable the touch pad?

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

March 29th, 2010 07:00

Download TouchFreeze. It's free and works great for us thumb draggers.

2 Posts

March 30th, 2010 20:00

I downloaded and installed TouchFreeze, but I don't see any difference.  TouchFreeze is running but the touch pad is still active while I am typing.  Any other suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

March 31st, 2010 11:00

When you start typing, does the touchpad cursor disappear? What brand touchpad do you have? I have ALPS. in my M1530.

My E1705 uses a Synaptics touchpad. The control panel for this has a feature called Palm Check, which does a good job of minimizing cursor jumps from dangling thumbs. If I disable this, I get some jumps, but installing TouchFreeze stops them. The ALPS drivers have something called TouchCheck, which has never worked too well for me.

A quick search of the web shows a number of people with Synaptics do not benefit from TouchFreeze.

2 Posts

March 31st, 2010 14:00

Inspiron 1525 has a touch pad icon where you can adjust the sensitivity

No Events found!