Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2012 15:00

Alienware m17xr3 GTX580m problems

Hello everyone,

Not sure if I'm at the right place, but here I am looking for an awnser to my problem. Sorry for all grammar mistakes you will find in this text, but english isn't my native language and english responses always come faster.

What happens with my alienware ? Two months ago, I had some problems with my laptop. Everytime I was opening a game or an application requiring my gtx 580m graphic card, I had a 0x116 BSOD. Updated the bios (said URGENT) in dell downloads; reinstalled all drivers; put in factory condition. Then I called Dell, they sent me a box and replaced the fans of the intel HD 3000 graphics and the graphic card itself. I was very happy when it came back just 3 days after. I could gladly play a little... whatever.

After a month a problem happened : Everytime I was booting my computer, it didn't recognize my graphic card ! Each time, it tried installiing VGA standard graphic card and In the pannel it says ''Ce périphérique ne peut pas démarrer. (Code 10)'' Device can't boot in fact. I noticed the problem at the same time I was launching diablo 3. Then I booted a few times the computer, each time was reinstalling the Vga standard graphic card. And it worked once. But when I rebooted my computer, each time it's the same VGA standard graphic card issue.

After a while with vga standard graphic card, gtx 580m might appear. If I oppened the nvidia pannel I would get a 0x116, or 0x9F or 0x117 blue screen. Cant install the 306.97 driver, it doesnt detect graphic card.

Now, there is my situation. I uninstall every nvidia drivers from the uninstall programs board. Still have this same standard vga graphic card and I don't have the nvidia pannel anymore since I uninstalled it... and I cant install the nvidia driver since it won't recognize a nvidia graphic card.

If you have a solution, please help. I'm very bored that each time i'm approaching hollydays, my graphic card seems to stop working. I want to play a little :'(

December 13th, 2012 16:00

up

No Events found!