Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

O

1 Message

November 17th, 2008 15:00

Battery won't stay charged

Inspiron 2200 is not keeping battery charge.  How long do these batteries normally last and is there anything I can do to get

it to charge

1.6K Posts

November 17th, 2008 15:00

18-24 months is normal - the system is probably about the right age to be in need of a new battery.

3.4K Posts

November 17th, 2008 18:00

18-24 months is normal - the system is probably about the right age to be in need of a new battery.

Hello,

A lot depends on usage and the number of charge discharge cycles. But at heavy use on battery that is about right.

4.6K Posts

November 19th, 2008 04:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-5:

As already stated, it's past its 'sell by' date, really.

If it's still under warranty, Dell should replace it for you.  If it's out of warranty, you'll have to buy the replacement out of your own pocket.  But they're not particularly expensive.

Unfortunately however, the Dell UK website doesn't list a battery for the Inspiron 2200 (or for my XPS M1730 for that matter!), so if you're in the UK yourself, you'll have to phone them.

Alternatively, there are plenty of third-party websites which sell Dell laptop accessories :emotion-1:

1.6K Posts

November 19th, 2008 06:00

If a new battery isn't recognized as well, the mainboard is faulty.

1 Message

November 19th, 2008 06:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 700 which does not recognize the battery. Is there anything I can do ?

thank you for any information

3.4K Posts

November 19th, 2008 17:00

If a new battery isn't recognized as well, the mainboard is faulty.

Hello,

Maybe not. Is this new battery one that you bought from Dell? If not you might have been sold a battery that is defective or does not meet the specs required for your system. What brand is it? And where did you buy it?

No Events found!