Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2012 05:00

Compatibility of Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (K64675US) with Dell XPS L502X

I am planning to buy Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (K64675US) for Dell XPS L502X. The security cable slot is present on the backside of the laptop. But, I want to security slot's compatibility with Kensington lock (K64675US). 

Please refer to following link for information about lock model specified above:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=hied&cs=25&sku=a5572243

Your reply is appreciated! Thank you!

• 

3.3K Posts

November 7th, 2012 06:00

Hi amitd,

The security slot on a laptop is of universal standard and it will be compatible with any Laptop Lock. You may consider purchasing the same.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2012 01:00

Thanks a lot Sujatha!

1 Message

June 17th, 2015 02:00

I have this combination kensington lock but it would not fit my alienware 13. can someone tell me why?

1 Message

February 4th, 2016 13:00

The laptop lock slot is too smaill for the Kensington security lock I bought.  How can I find one that fits?

1 Message

March 1st, 2017 09:00

Inspiron 17 5767 has a slot that is NOT STANDARD Kensington (smaller).  I have tried to find out what lock will fit, and this was not avaIilable on the DELL website. On a chat with DELL technitian I was told that Kensington ClickSafe Manufacturer Part# K64697US was the right lock. I purchased it and IT DOES NOT FIT THE SLOT!  Seems that DELL considers this information CLASSIFIED!

1 Message

August 5th, 2017 00:00

Just had same problem with my brand new Inspiron 13 5000 laptop.  Bought a "standard" security cable Office Depot - didn't fit so I contacted Dell support who advised me to buy Kensington K64697US.  Got it today and same problem - too big ARRRGGG!!!  This computer is supposed to be going away with my son for College on Monday - Friday Night now and Dell chat closed.  Small problem just became a big one.  May end up returning cable and Computer both tomorrow to meet deadline.

Reading through forum threads like this I've determined that I likely need a Noble Wedge-type lock - whatever that is.  Already checked Amazon Prime among others and guess what?  Soonest delivery is Monday (dozens of others are available overnight) - too late again!   Small problem with an otherwise happy customer just became a HUGE one.  A 2-minute cable hookup has already burned a week with no resolution.  May end up returning the Computer instead of the cable tomorrow to meet deadline.  Great job Dell - designers really hit this one out of the park!  Do they get trained specifically on how to make customers so angry they go out of their way to type stuff like this on Friday Night at midnight?

No Events found!