Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

20 Posts

November 19th, 2008 09:00

D620 with docking station. Once "re-docked", display settings do not stay, dual monitors in wrong order

Hello all,

I have a Dell Latitude D620, running XP SP2. I have a docking station for it that I have an additional flat panel monitor.

When I properly undock before removing from the dock to take to a meeting, upon redocking, my dual monitors settings revert back to the incorrect sides.

Let me 'splain a little better.

Before UNdocking: Monitor 1 is the flat panel (connected via dock). Monitor 2 is the laptop's display. Monitor 1 on the right, monitor 2 on the left. Obviously I'm able to scroll from right to left. I E on left (laptop, monitor 2) screen while Outlook on right (flat panel, mon 1). Monitor 1 set as Primary. Monitor 2 set to extend to it. To undock, I do click on Start - Undock - and I wait for the pop up message saying it is ok to Undock.

Once I put it back on the dock, it switches monitor 1 and 2 for location, meaning I have to go off of the right hand side to make it to the far left of the left monitor. Why? I keep changing it back, click on Apply, then click on OK, yet it reverts back every time.

If anyone else has seen this stubborn problem happen, please advise of solution.

Thanks,

SpenCer21

No Responses!
No Events found!