Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MH

September 30th, 2011 15:00

DELL INSPIRON COLOUR CRASH ( RED, GREEN, PURPLE, BLUE, etc.)

I often have this crash while playing games and sometimes while watching video using video player. This is the video of how the crash happen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqCG-GZFKQ&feature=player_embedded (i'm not that guy who uploaded the vid but i have the same problem like him.)

PLEASE HELP! ASAP!

2.3K Posts

September 30th, 2011 19:00

Check to see if you have the latest video card update. It may be that it`s getting over heated while you are gaming. You will need to tell us what model Inspiron and operating system that you have.

13 Posts

October 1st, 2011 10:00

I'm using INSPIRON 1464. windows 7 64-bit. Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M330@2.13GHz 2.13GHz. RAM 2GB. I can't play any games using this laptop. Last time i tried playing a FPS game for about 5-10minutes then the screen went blank with the random colours. Sometimes, while online facebook it also happened.

13 Posts

October 1st, 2011 10:00

btw, how to check my video card update?

2.3K Posts

October 1st, 2011 13:00

I would like you to check your bios version first. Some of the 1400 series have a screen problem that a bios update fixes.  Shut down and restart your pc. Watch the screen closely as it starts to load, It will tell you what bios version you have. The bios version flashes very quickly across the screen and you may have to do this 2 or 3 times to find it.  Post back and let me know.

13 Posts

October 1st, 2011 14:00

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A01, 06-Nov-09

SMBIOS Version 2.6

U can check your Bios version without rebooting. Open Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information.

2.3K Posts

October 1st, 2011 18:00

You are correct on this way to check your bios. Many people are not as tech savy as you are, so I try to give simple easy to follow instructions.

You need to do a bios update before any thing else. This link is for the one you need. USE THE SECOND DOWNLOAD.

support.us.dell.com/.../format.aspx

Post back when you have this done.

13 Posts

October 2nd, 2011 12:00

Done it. Then?

2.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2011 13:00

The bios update may take care of your problem. I`m going to assume that you need other updates to the system. I download Belarc advisor and print it for referance, or you can look at your device manager to see what specific components you have. There is a specific order that you need to install updates. Please read this link.

support.dell.com/.../document

This page is for downloads to your pc. Enter your service tag number. It will show you several updates for everything. This is where Belarc advisor or device manager will tell you which one you need.

search.dell.com/results.aspx

After you have all your updates, use your pc for a day or two and see if we have worked out the problems.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 3rd, 2011 05:00

Directx patches may also be needed.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) - Microsoft

13 Posts

Have i updated my BIOS? Coz it still stated BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A01, 06-Nov-09.

13 Posts

Actually i don't know what item needed to be updated. Maybe u can help me. I'll upload a file of the BelArc Advisor profile for u to check. www.sendspace.com/.../1378r0

13 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 06:00

I didnt make any updates on any drivers yet including the directx. Just now i tried to open the FPS game to check whether my laptop is fixed and suddenly, that game stopped working, GOMPlayer, Google Chrome stopped working. And also Persistent Module stopped working. What is wrong with my laptop?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 3rd, 2011 08:00

Google Chrome is not a dell issue.

2.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2011 10:00

You will need to click on the file to get it to open. If you can`t find it, download it again and save to desk top.

13 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 11:00

I need to click on what file?

No Events found!