Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 02:00

DELL Inspiron N5110 USB 3.0 problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my USB 3.0 hardware/driver. After I reinstalled the Windows 7 (64bit) and installed the drivers the 3.0 ports worked fine, until I restarted the laptop. After that it did not work at all. If I try to reinstall it, it says No compatible hardware found. I can't even see it in my device manager. After a lot of install and reinstall of my usb drivers it worked fine again until I restarted the laptop. Then the hardware disappeared again. I have the latest BIOS installed. 

What do you think what the problem is. Is it the hardware or something else?

Thank You in advance.

July 29th, 2015 07:00

I have already checked that. The ports give power to my Android device, but it doesn't recognize any device. Nor mouse, nor Flash drive. Few months ago it worked with win 7 and win 8 also. Yesterday it worked with win7 again but after restart tha hardware disappeared. I can not see it in device manager, and nowhere. I have tried to install every driver from the dell site for my laptop. I did it in the right order, as I found on dell website. After the fresh windows install it doesn't find the hardware az all.

What kind of problem it can be?

Regards- 

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi, 

Could you please check in BIOS for any USB ENABLE option that might have been disabled. 

Please update the chipset drivers as well. 

Regards

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Suspecting hardware issue.
is the system under warranty??

Regards

July 30th, 2015 05:00

Yes It is until 28 of August. 

Regards

July 31st, 2015 22:00

Hi Please PM us the system tag#, your name, contact number and address.

Regards

No Events found!