Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 won't start

it is beeping continuously (not 4 not 7 beeps) with intervals and by luck sometime it boots, no dell icon nothing black screen, Please help this is my first experience with dell.

February 19th, 2015 16:00

Good luck to all of you with this hardware issue. I have been dealing with Dell of the last year, I contacted them because of the 7 beeps issue.

Had the motherboard placed 4 times, heat sink twice, hard drive and software, all within 6 MONTHS.

Sorry to say problem still exists.

Dell is having issues with their product and are not taking responsibility.

VERY DISAPPOINTED.   Will not buy Dell again.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 10th, 2013 04:00

Hi sunnykhan,

I am sorry about the situation; try releasing the static power and check the system is working. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power.

In case the problem persists, Please pay close attention to the number of beeps. There is a big difference between a “beep-beep-beep” beep code and a “”beep-beep” beep code. Let us know how many times the system beeps.

Let us know about the progress.

3 Posts

September 10th, 2013 05:00

I have tried to release static power many times but it never works, it is merely on chance that my laptop shows dell icon then I keep my laptop in sleep mode rather than shutting it down, I have observed beeps very carefully they are continuous no trend or what, its simple tuck tuck tuck from speakers.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi sunnykhan,

Please run the hardware diagnostics follow the steps below.

Press the FN + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

3 Posts

September 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi Senthil,

I have tried power = fn key together nothing happened instead I have to wait for my luck again when it will boot, its annoying tuck tuck  again, please help and suggest me !

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi sunnykhan,

Please shut down the laptop, press the FN key first and then press the power button, this will intitate the hardware diagnostics.

Let me know about the progress.

1 Message

October 26th, 2013 10:00

Hi There

thanks to advice abt my problem

the same problem i face , beep sound also distrube me alot.. my laptop dell inspiron 3521

November 27th, 2013 05:00

I have the same problem please help.

I switch on and the screen is black. The computer just makes a continuous clicking/beeping/tuck noise.

I have tried many times to clear the static etc and this does not help.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 3521.

All of the LED lights are blue on the front of the machine.

November 27th, 2013 05:00

Also pressing the FN key and starting up will not help as the screen is completely black!

Please help!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi BigSmokeRed,

Please connect an external monitor and check if the issue persists. There is a pattern of beeps like “beep-beep-beep” beep code and a “”beep-beep” beep code. Let us know how many times the system beeps.

November 27th, 2013 08:00

Hi Senthil

I have tried connecting an external monitor but I get the same problem. Like I said it is a continuous beeping noise more like a clicking/ tuck tuck sound. I left it last night and it didn't stop for an hour until I turned it off.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi BigSmokeRed,

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard, Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

1 Message

December 15th, 2013 02:00

Hello,

I hava an similar problem with my dell inspiron 3521 (service tag Service tag removed per privacy policy>). it starts beeping at 3 seconds for a long time. i tried to remove battery and press power button for 30 seconds but nothing happens! What can i do to resolve this problem? 

Thank You!

1 Message

December 16th, 2013 18:00

DELL -SENTHIL S        I DID THAT WHAT NOW

1 Message

December 25th, 2013 01:00

Hello,

I have similar problem, my dell inspiron 15 3521 don't start since 3 days. When try pressing the power buton it sound 4 decrease beeps 3 times and stop. No dell logo then and no start up. This problem appears one week ago ans after many triying, sometimes the dell logo appears and the computer starts and run normaly. But when putting the laptop of, the next day the next problem occur.

Please help me. Thanks

No Events found!