Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 18th, 2010 07:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 HDMI AUDIO

I own a Dell Inspiron 1525.  It makes no sense at all to me that Dell would build its Dell Inspiron 1525 with a HDMI Output.....and not configure that the HDMI Output to for Audio.  When I connect the 1525's to my TV using its HDMI Output I get Video but no Audio.  I have to end up running a separate Audio connection from the Laptop's Earphone output to an input in one of my VCR's......(which is connected to a Receiver\Amp) to get sound.  I tried connecting the audio out from the laptop to the TV's Audio Input.....but, when you connect via HDMI since this type of connection is designed to handle both the video and audio signal, the TV's Audio Input (and rightfully so) is disabled when you connect the HDMI cable.

Anyone else using the 1525 with the HDMI Output....been able to get Audio when just connecting the 1525 via HDMI? 

Really dumb Dell......build it with HDMI and not support the Audio?    

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 22nd, 2010 21:00

Sorry I wasn't able to answer sooner. It took awhile to assemble all of the information. The answer is that yes there have been some folks who were able to get the HDMI audio working on a 1525. See the thread How to Enable HDMI Audio.

No Events found!