Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2011 19:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 is slow...

Hi guys, jux need a little help here again... My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1545 and it's going soooooooooooooo slow.  A little info about it: First of all the screen is broken I think, because when I turn on my computer I have to tap the screen in order for it to work [meaning to see the pictures] otherwise it's jux a blackish/gray/white screen.  Second, jux bought a new charger and battery for the computer.  So that's all that is new with the computer, so I don't know why it's so slow.  I rebooted to factory image already, and some stuff never got installed back to the computer.  I rebooted it to factory image like 5 times now, but it's so still slow.   I even tried everything from cleaning up all my stuff on there [which I have nothing and it's still slow]  deleted some programs, cleaned it, defragment it, [everything you could possibly do to make it go faster, but it won't go faster all all.  Still slow and freezes a lot [well basically all the time]

It's so slow, that I always have to restart it, and it always freezes to the point where I have to restart it too.  Do you guys think it's because of my screen?  Or do you suggest me to get a new harddrive?!   What will make my computer go faster?! Thank you so much!!!

3.8K Posts

December 2nd, 2011 03:00

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to the Community. I would suggest you first run diagnostics on your hard drive to check if that's fine. Press the F12 key at the Dell logo, select diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your hard drive. Post back with any error codes.

Thank you

Royan

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2011 16:00

That's what you need - a new hard drive.

December 3rd, 2011 16:00

Thank you Royan, I ran the diagnostics and this is the error code

Error Code 0146

Msg: Error code 2000-0146

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - Self-test log contains previous error(s)

The given error code and message can be used by Dell Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.

I searched around this community about this code and stuff and some suggested that if you had this error code you should get a new hard drive, but what do you suggest I do?

Thanks so much.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 4th, 2011 14:00

By cheap, I hope you don't mean used.

Newegg.com

December 4th, 2011 14:00

Um, does anyone know where I can buy a cheap good hard drive?  I'm a college student, so I jux want a hard drive that's good, but cheap?  And do you know what kind I should get?  My computer is Dell Inspiron 1545.  Thanks so much for the help.

December 4th, 2011 18:00

No not used but jux a good hard drive that doest cost me like hundreds of dollars.  Like somewhere they sell good new not that expensive hard drives.  (if that made sense)

March 11th, 2016 05:00

I received the following 2 errors.

LCD Cable Not Detected 2000-0413

Hard Drive 0 - 2000-0146

I see your response to the hard drive error but what should I do about the LCD cable error.

No Events found!