Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2012 16:00

Dell Inspiron N4010 Windows 7 Can't restore to factory defaults

I have no idea what happened to my computer. It's only 1.5 years old and very lightly used (I use my work laptop most of the time). I started using carbonite to backup my computer and suddenly it was very slow. I left the computer running while I was away on vacation for a week. I came home and tried to play a video for my daughter and hook up the hdmi cable to our tv and suddenly it was frozen and had an error. I turned it off and when I went to turn it on again it wouldn't load past the blue windows screen with the swirls and cursor. I have tried the advanced boot to restore to factory defaults since everything was backed up by carbonite anyway but when I try to do that it goes back to the blue windows screen and cursor again. I don't know what I did with the original cd's for the operating system. Help!! I don't know what I can do! It won't even let me go into safe mode!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 13th, 2012 17:00

Hi scoon26,

The problem could be with the hardware or software of the computer.

To identify the problem please follow the steps in the link: http://dell.to/NQbA8Z

If there are any errors displayed on the screen, please capture the error code and let me know for the next course of action.

Reply for further help.

No Events found!