Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2012 16:00

Dell Latitude C540/C640 wont start up

everytime i power it up,the light blinks green ten times then shuts off.I cant even get to bios,please help.

62 Posts

August 27th, 2012 07:00

Hi Smith,

Could you please let me know if the issue is with C540 or C640 is it with both of them? This seems to be a situation of No POST(Power On Self-Test) where in the system are powering on but not completing the POST. If the system does not perform a POST, there are various things to look for:-

1. Check to ensure that the system has a power light.

2. If the system has no power light, remove the battery and unplug the AC adaptor. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Put back the battery and plug in the adaptor. Switch on your system to check.

3. If the system has power but is not performing a POST, check to see if the keyboard status lights ( in the first figure) flash to indicate a successful POST, but no video, or that the keyboard status lights are lit in a sequence (in the second figure) indicating a system problem.

4. With the power off and the system unplugged, remove all the external peripherals from the system and reconnect the AC adapter to the system and try again.

5. Run PSA. While holding FN key switch on your system. It will start the test automatically. If any of the test fails, you will be given an audio beep code along with an on-screen error code.

Awaiting your response.

No Events found!