Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2010 16:00

Dell Mini inspiron 1011 Boot Up Issues,

Hi, been a while since i posted here, I trying to fix my nieces dell mini 1011, the screen goes blank, I get the microsoft windows

splash screen but after that the screen goes blank the computer is still on, just cant see anything, I can get in to the bios and safe mode

tried to do a system restore to an earlyer date with no luck, was able to run the antispyware and virus scans but did not detect any threats,

cant seem to find anything else to trouble shoot , Its running windows 7 starter, 512 gb ram, 160 HD, its got Bios revision A-06 any help appriciated,

thanks in advance, ~Mike

Dell Inspiron Mini 1011

512 gb ram

160gb hd

win 7 starter

bios A-06

950 Posts

December 23rd, 2010 11:00

Sounds like a driver issue. Was 7 on there originally or XP.

Try booting back to safemode see if you can remove any display adapter drivers in device manager.

Also if you can get an external CD drive create a Bart rescue Cd see if video work fine. If so then definately a driver/software problem.

Also if that model has built in diagnostics at boot up run the dislpay test to check it.

40 Posts

December 24th, 2010 12:00

Hi slam, thanks for the reply im going to try what u suggested and see what happens, It came with windows 7 starter from dell thanks again for the help!

40 Posts

December 24th, 2010 15:00

Fixed! Problem was a courupted display driver i uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest updated driver and works great now thanks for your help, SLAMX ~Mike

No Events found!