Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

January 28th, 2009 01:00

Drivers for windows Xp for Dell studio 1537 Model PP33L

Hi,

I am having a problem with Dell studio 1537 having Vista. I installed windows Xp, but cant able to get its drivers from dell website. The website contains drivers for vista only. Any one having problem which I am facing and please shre yours experience.

Regards.

Gul Muhammad Nasir

18 Posts

February 11th, 2009 13:00

I've managed to get drivers for everything except:

1. The AuthenTec fingerprint reader
  2. The 1394 Net Adaptor
  3. "Unknown Device" with device instance ID: "ACPI\PNP0C32\0". Googling for this implies that this is some kind of feature that lets you press some of the hotkeys on the laptop while it is OFF and the laptop will boot and then the laptop will launch pre-selected applications once the OS has booted.

The Intel WiFi 5100 card drivers can be obtained directly from Intel's website (although I'm getting a problem where the wireless stops working after about an hour and it then starts preventing me from entering standby).

The drivers for the ATI Radeon can be obtained from ATI's website. *However*, they won't recognize the particular model that is in the Studio 1537 because some manufacturers want to be the sole source of drivers for their hardware... so ATI's generic drivers will claim that they don't work with the Studio 1537. You can find some software called "mobility modder" which will patch the original ATI drivers so that they're recognize the card in the Studio. Also, note that the particular model of the card "Radeon Mobility HD 3450" isn't listed on ATI's download page. When you select the card family, do *not* look in the "Radeon Mobility" family. Look in the plain "Radeon" family and you'll find the "Radeon HD 3400 Series". Those will work... once you fix them with "mobility modder"

For the Broadcom wired ethernet, look for Dell drivers: R180977.exe

For the built-in webcam, search the Dell downloads for "Creative Labs integrated webcam". I think the download name is: R200491.exe

For the ATI HDMI audio output, I found the drivers in a file called: P163694.exe   Google for it.

Let me know what other devices you don't have drivers for.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2009 06:00

Dear Friend,

Thanks for yours reply. I am also looking for the video card (VGA), please do let me know about it.

Thanks again for yours previous response.

Regards.

Gul Muhammad Nasir

4.6K Posts

February 19th, 2009 15:00

The very first hit from a Google search, is to this Wickman Studios page, which includes XP drivers for the Studio 1535 - specifically, but I would imagine they're suitable for the 1537 as well?

It certainly won't harm to try them at least.

NOTE:  The ATI graphics drivers is a 'workaround' method only.

Be sure to read the installation guide first, to make sure you understand exactly what's required!

If you're unhappy with it, Google to see if you can find the drivers elsewhere :emotion-55:

No Events found!