Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 2nd, 2013 19:00

Error code 0xc000001 - Recovery: Your PC Couldn't Start Properly

Recently tried to turn on my Inspiron 15R SE 7520 laptop and the Dell logo appears with the spinning dots but then it turns blue saying that it my pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. Then, the Dell logo appears again but immediately turns into another blue screen with "Recovery" at the top saying that my pc couldn't start properly along with the error code 0xc0000001. I've tried to Shift + f8 at power up and tried to crash at Dell logo 3 times to bring up the advanced menu but the the blue recovery screen still pops up. Any help please?

September 2nd, 2013 19:00

Also, diagnostic test was fine. I would to keep my files, but a factory restore/reset would be fine.

September 2nd, 2013 21:00

Yes, how do I boot the system to 'Windows Recovery Environment'? The only option I have on the blue Recovery screen, is to Press enter to try again, f8 for startup settings, and Esc for UEFI Firmware settings.

1.5K Posts

Hi tommyboy1505,

It appears to be corruption with Windows. Please try performing "Refresh" option which will reset your PC to a known good state while preserving your files and a great deal of your configuration. With the Refresh your PC option, user accounts, data files, and some settings are preserved on your PC without the need to create a backup, or to make choices about what to keep or remove.

To Refresh Windows 8 please follow the below mentioned steps:

Note: Please backup the data as this may cause data loss.

• Boot the system to 'Windows Recovery Environment'. Choose 'Troubleshoot':

• Choose the option of Refresh your PC. Follow the onscreen instructions and restart the system.

• Click the Next button at the Refresh your PC step of the wizard.

• You may be prompted to insert installation or recovery media if there is not a recovery image preconfigured on your PC.

• Click the Refresh button at the Ready to refresh your PC step.

• At this point, the PC is restarted, and the refresh actions are completed.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Also, any of the options for the "Startup settings" bring me back to the recovery blue screen

1.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi tommyboy1505,

Please try the following steps to crash boot the Windows 8 to get to the 'Windows Recovery Environment':

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat the above steps 2-3 times
  • Click ‘Troubleshoot’

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

September 3rd, 2013 07:00

I'm sorry, but I mentioned in my first post that I've tried this method and it also did not work. I've tried crashing Windows at by unplugging, holding down the power button, and taking out the battery at the Dell logo screen 3 times each and at the second or third time, instead of the dell logo screen loading with the spinning dots, the system would immediately boot to the blue recovery screen with the error code and the enter, f8, and esc options. Anything else I can do?

1.5K Posts

September 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi tommyboy1505,

It appears that the Windows have corrupted and you will need to perform clean installation of Windows 8. You can use the Recovery media if created when you got the system to install OS. If not then you will need the Windows re-installation disks to install Windows. Please refer to the link http://dell.to/19hCzpo for installation instructions. You may also refer to the video from the link http://dell.to/14iB1NH.

Note: This process lead to complete data loss, make sure that the data is backed up before you proceed.

Please reply if you have any questions.

September 4th, 2013 22:00

What if I don't have the Recovery discs or Windows re-installation disks? My laptop is still under warranty.

1.5K Posts

September 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi tommyboy1505,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will review the details and share the further course of action in regards to Windows re-installation media.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

August 13th, 2015 00:00

Hi, i am having the same problems also, and when i am trying to change boot option #1 to [UEFI: PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A%HH] it boots and then takes me take to the recovery screen. I have trying to get Windows 8 pro on it.

No Events found!