Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2017 22:00

Evan Sirlin

Hello All,

I am Evan Sirlin the president of Lifewatch USA. I am running my company from past 21years.

I am using Dell Vostro 3458 For 14" laptop with windows 10. It will not come on. It says no bootable device, please restart system. I have read several forums and tried the F2 fix with going into the setup utility, but to no avail. I am not in the least tech savy, so I am afraid to experiment too much. I have business files on this computer that I need access to soon. Can someone give me any suggestions?

331 Posts

July 21st, 2017 00:00

Hi Evan,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Remove all peripherals connected to the system and the ac adapter too. Then remove the battery out for the system, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to release the flea power. Then connect the battery and the ac adapter, power on the system. Check the status of the system, if the issue persists. Please check, if the hard drive is detected in the BIOS screen. For accessing the BIOS screen, please power on the system and start tapping the F2 key. Then go to Settings> General> System Information on the left pane of the screen, on the right pane of the screen check for Device Information and check if the Primary Hard Drive is detected. If it is not detected, please refer to this link http://dell.to/2uFqNJt and re-seat the hard drive. Run the diagnostics on the system, to initiate power on the system while holding down the Fn key. Let us know, if you get any errors or all the test passes. Check the status of the battery LED status, if it is blinking amber and white. If it is blinking, there would be a sequence and it would be repeating till the system is powered off. Also let us know, if there is any beep code heard and the series of the same.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2017 00:00

Hi DELL-Infant R,

First of all I would like to say thanx to your support and quick revert.

Yesterday I have done this process as you have suggested to me and my system was start working I am really very thankful to you. But Today, when I turn it on, it has 1 short beep and 1 long beep.  It just won't boot up. Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Evan Sirlin

331 Posts

July 25th, 2017 03:00

Hi Evan,

You're welcome. Please try releasing the flea power from the system and check the status again. Remove the battery and try to power on the system only with the ac adapter connected. Refer to this link http://dell.to/2eKvCuy and let us know the exact number of beeps. You might also try re-seating the memory modules and then check the status. If the issue still persist, check the status of the system with the memory modules and hard drive removed. If you get the message no memory detected or you get the beep code for the same, then connect the memory module. If it is detected connect the hard drive and then check the status of the system.

3 Posts

July 27th, 2017 06:00

Hi DELL-Infant R

I am very thankful to you as my laptop is working now good because of your guidelines. If I face any problem in future in my laptop then, I will definitely contact with you.....again a big thank you for your help.

Regards

Evan Sirlin

No Events found!