Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2013 11:00

How right-click from keyboard on Dell XPS 12 ?

Most keyboards have a handy key that performs the logical equivalent of a mouse right-click on whichever screen item currently has focus (no mouse involved).  The right-click usually brings up a context menu, of course.

PROBLEM:    My Dell XPS 12 has no right-click key on its keyboard; not even with the 'Fn' function key.

*** Question:    Is there any way to fashion a right-click key by using just the keyboard, on Dell XPS 12?

Thank you,

F.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2013 02:00

Dell XPS 12 and Dell Inspiron doesn't have the right-click keyboard shortcut.

You can try the Shift+F10.

3.1K Posts

June 19th, 2013 11:00

Hi Finster4,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to assign the right click key. I did some research and found AutoHotkey software using which you can tweak some keyboard functions. Here is the link http://bit.ly/LWW4.

Note: Dell has not tested this software nor endorses it.

Hope this information helps.

934 Posts

June 19th, 2013 15:00

@Finster4

I guess the key you are looking for is the Apps-key.Your XPS 12 keyboard obviously doesn't have one.It is possible to to use Autohotkey to remap one of the other keys to make it behave like an Apps-key.

Looking at an XPS 12 keyboard "F7" could be a perfect choice for remapping since it has no multimedia assignment

This is the code if you want to try Autohotkey :

F7::AppsKey

how to use Autohotkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNQz5PC73c

=================================================================

If you wish I could also give you the link to an executable autohotkey file - this file would run without having to install Autohotkey - this is the easiest way for you but you would have to trust me since Windows usually identifies all exe-files as virus,malware,malicious etc - even its own files.....:emotion-2:

1 Message

November 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi, why would anyone sell a $1200 laptop with no right click?  Dissappointing.  I have been struggling with this for 2 yrs and finally decided to check into it only to find Dell designed it this way!??

November 28th, 2014 13:00

How complicated to install a full scripting software instead of using Shift-F10...?

1 Message

December 6th, 2014 08:00

Thanks, Signam RB. I was searching for same workaround for Latitude E7240 keyboard, also lacking Apps Key. Shift+F10 does the trick!

Much appreciated,

Barm

No Events found!