I just bought my Inspiron 14z Ultrabook three days ago. The first time works fine, but now it's frozen on the Dell logo screen.
I have been able to run a diagnostic test if I hit the f12, and it's all ok.
When I hit f8 and the bar is fully loaded nothing happens.
I don't know what else can do. Please help me.
Solved! Go to Solution.
It can be annoying when a new computer freezes and fails to boot. Please follow the steps provided below to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response.
7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key.
8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
This somewhat worked for me as well.. why did this issue happen in the first place?
I can not boot still.. it said it needed to repair windows.. then rebooted, and back to the same issue.
Any ideas? How do I re-install Windows 8 with no disk?
I have the same issue on a brand new inspiron 14z, but the above steps did not fix the problem. Booting still hangs on the Dell screen.
What is the next thing that I can do to fix this?
Thank you for providing an update on the status. HelloJerry and vtiase, please let me know if this issue occurred out of the box or after setting up the system initially.
As per the steps instructed above have been done, but, unfortunately the problem is not solved. Kindly, guide me in this regard. I will be greatful, if you can adivse me to proceed further.
Yes, the issue occurred out of box only as i have used the laptop for a few days after setting up the system initially.
But, i have hardly used for 2 days.
Please advise me to rectify the issue.