Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2017 15:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop makes incredibly loud fan noise

Hi everyone,

I have a really annoying problem with my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop. Whenever I want to play games on it, the laptop fans start to make an unbearably loud noise that just doesn't let me play at all. This even happens with relatively old games with low system requirements, such as age of empires 3 and league of legends.

This laptop is supposed to be good for gaming, but the fan noise problem makes playing video games virtually impossible. It looks like the computer is going to overheat and break down at any moment. I bought this laptop almost three months ago. Is there something Dell can do about my problem? Can I get a new laptop under warranty? Maybe it's just a specific problem with the one I bought.

Please give me some solutions, thanks.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 29th, 2017 16:00

:emotion-2:

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 7559, windows 10

If you don't know, type msinfo32 onto the search box, and then stroll down to System Model.

3 Posts

October 30th, 2017 15:00

I checked system model and it says Inspiron 15 7000 gaming and the os is windows 10 home. However, I think I already solved the problem by changing the power plan from Dell to Balanced, setting the maximum processor state (under processor power management) to 60% for both on battery and plugged in, and updating the video card drivers. Now the fan noise has almost disappeared, although sometimes it comes again but is not loud and then stops after a few minutes. So I can play AOE 3 for now.   I'll let Dell know if I have any problems with the fan again or any other problems with my laptop. Thanks for the answer.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 30th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for the update....

No Events found!