Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2016 11:00

Inspiron 15R 5521 Noisy Fan

Hello Everyone,

I got my Inspiron 15R 5521 in April 2013, it is incredible laptop, but I encountered a problem with the fan noise, it is too noisy, I tried to upgrade the bios to V14, but it did not solve the issue is there any solution for this problem or it is a hardware issue. 

Thank you in advance for your support

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 24th, 2016 16:00

:emotion-2:

It's a possibility that a lot of dust have accumulated around the fan which could be causing the loud noise. You have to open the computer and clean fan.

Inspiron 15r 5521 Owner's Manual

You can use the diagnostic tool on your system by following the steps below:

1. Turn off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly tap the F12 key continuously. You should see the Diagnostic screen.

3. Watch video below

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics

www.youtube.com/watch

February 24th, 2016 17:00

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

You can try updating the video drivers as well and observe for any changes. If still the same, please run diagnostics from the f12 menu and let us know the test results. 

Is the fan noisy even when the system is idle?? 

Suspecting a hardware issue though. 

Regards

February 25th, 2016 20:00

Hi,
We are awaiting your response

3 Posts

April 8th, 2016 09:00

Thanks dear, I tried to use philips contact cleaner after removing the keyboard, it did not effect immediately, but after almost one hour, the fun noise started to disappear,  then I  tried to run the Diagnostics, it showed me a fine result, it passed all the test.

Thank you for your support

3 Posts

April 8th, 2016 09:00

Thanks dear, I tried to use philips contact cleaner after removing the keyboard, it did not effect immediately, but after almost one hour, the fun noise started to disappear,  then I  tried to run the Diagnostics, it showed me a fine result, it passed all the test.

Thank you for your support

No Events found!