Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2010 20:00

Inspiron E1705 will not do anything. Help!

Well I've had my laptop for about 3 and 1/3 years, Today I was using my laptop when the fans suddenly started going at full speed and about a minute later the laptop abruptly shut down. I tried to restart it by pushing the power button but all that happened was the power light flickered and the hard drive light flickered as well. I also heard the hard drive click. This happens everytime I try and start up the computer. Things that I have done include: take out battery, unplug power cord, and I also opened it up to make sure everything was connected and nothing looked bad (I've taken apart and fixed many computers so I know what I'm doing, but not laptops). Still doesn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated, right now I think it's the motherboard, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!

1 Message

January 23rd, 2010 09:00

I am having the same issue. My Insp e1705 also wont start. i have power light. the HDD light flickers at poweron. The display backlight powerson. then nothing. i can swicht on /off the number locks  / capital locks keys.

tried attaching an external LCD display...it indicates green connection on light on powering on the laptop but after a copule of seconds displays "no connection".

After detaching and reattaching the internal 3V battery and powering on  i get 2 beeps. these do not sound on subsequent power ups.

May be MB or Video Card.  (The Video card does warm up)

Have worked on PCs but never on Laptops.

Any help would be appreciated.

No Events found!