Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2012 07:00

Inspiron n5520 graphic card problem

i have dell inspiron n5520 with Amd HD 7670 graphic card... i have installed the drivers that are availabe at dell's website and the drivers in are shown as installed and properly working in device manager of my computer but  when i try to play a game i cannot select my graphic card there  and graphic card is not shown in amd catalyst center there are only intel HD graphics drivers available in the options not the dedicated graphic card... please help me in this matter i have tried many  things but couldnt solve the problem....

1 Message

August 21st, 2012 07:00

I have the same problem. Is your windows illegal?

There is no switchable graphics in catalyst control center

CCC only shows intel hd 4000 graphics but amd radeon hd 7670 is not detecting.

10 Posts

August 23rd, 2012 17:00

yeah but there is no option for the slection there ... we are saying that its installed i checked in the device manager but i cannot select in in  the amd catalsyt control panel...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The video chip is selected in the AMD Catalyst control panel - not the device manager.

10 Posts

yeah but there is no option for the slection there ... we are saying taht its installed i checked in the device manager but i cannot select in in  the amt catalsyt control panel...

10 Posts

yes dell is nt responding... i dont have origional windows i have a cracked 1 but it should work fine on that ....

10 Posts

August 24th, 2012 01:00

impress play if yo find any solution please do let me know ....

4 Posts

October 13th, 2012 18:00

the same exact problem is happening with me  with the same laptop model ,

I hope to find a solution and pass it to me PLEASE!!

THNX

October 18th, 2012 01:00

I bought this laptop a week ago so I can use it for gaming (Dota 2, etc). I cannot play games because of this problem. I can see many users are encountering this problem. Please DELL, focus and fix this, we all paid for this product and this is getting really frustrating.

I used tons of drivers and configurations but still cannot resolve this problem on my own. At least give us an answer to this post, so we can know you are working on it.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 26th, 2012 20:00

Hi adrian-gabriel.oros,

Dell Inspiron n5520 comes with multiple video cards. You will not be able to know which GPU is active using the ‘Catalyst Control Center’.  This feature has not been provided by AMD.

In Muxless hardware design, the switchable graphics will use appropriate video card to assigned application from the catalyst control center and process the graphics of the application and give the output through the Intel’s integrated video card so using any application on windows you will not be able to see the discrete video card.

Therefore, when you are using graphic intense programs, (Example: Playing games, video editing, photo editing) the discrete graphic card turns active.

However, during normal usage, if you are viewing applications like office, power point or word documents the integrated graphic card turns active.

I’d suggest you to check if you find the switchable graphics option on ‘Catalyst Control Center’. Please follow the steps mentioned below to select an application and assign the appropriate graphic processing unit.

1. Click the Start button and select Programs
  2. Click Catalyst Control Center
  3. Click Power and select Switchable Graphics
  4. Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU

If you are not finding the switchable graphics option you will have to uninstall the ‘catalyst control center’ & ‘Intel HD 4000’ from ‘Programs and Features’ under the control panel and reinstall it in a sequence given below to get back the switchable graphics option.

Download and install ‘Dell Intel HD Graphics 4000’ from our Dell support website using the link below.

http://dell.to/SojSvs

Then install ‘AMD RADEON HD 7670M’ from our Dell support website using the link below and check for resolution.

http://dell.to/RVGXiF

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 15th, 2012 01:00

same problem, but when i tryed to instal hd 4000 drivers ''pc doest meet minimal requriments''! ans still i can use amd chip! i cant even select it, but it showing it in device manager , but i cant open catalyst it opens intel grafic properties! what is wrong with this laptop!

December 22nd, 2012 05:00

whatever we do there is no solution. 

though the graphic  card is good but due to the insyde h2o bios the performance of the graphic card is greatly reduced 

and DELL needs to provide a solution in its bios for inspiron n5520 and not just of downloading and re-installing the graphic card driver 

im seriously DISAPPOINTED  WITH THIS PROBLEM 

HAVING 3RD GEN I5-3210M and AMD 7670M GAMES LIKE ASSASSIN'S CREED-3 ,DIRT-3,NFS-2012 ALL ARE GETTING FREEZED WHILE PLAYING 

i have tried all types of solution and contacted you all and whatever solution you say doesn't solve the problem 

PLEASE BE CLEAR THAT THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THE GRAPHIC CARD OR ITS DRIVER THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE "BIOS'

and i need to mention another comparison 

HAVING 2ND GEN I5-2450M AND AMD 7650M GRAPHIC CARD IN MY FRIEND'S LAP  THE ABOVE MENTIONED GAMES RUN SMOOTHLY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS 

BECAUSE THEY SAY ITS  "SONY" NOT "DELL" IS THAT SO??????????

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2012 07:00

i ahve dell vostro 3550 with i5 and 7650m! and all works perfect , just stay on radeon card and thats it, but this inspirion there need to upgrade bios , its not geforce card where optimus works perfect AMD is still problems with auto switching

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 23rd, 2012 08:00

To all guys from DELL! Please, DO something with the issue! Let us know, if you are working on the problem! We will provide the feedback!

We all paid for the product and we ALL want to use it! Why did we pay for this stupid switchable graphics technology if it does not work?? Do Something, please! Or give my money back. I don't want to use half-working product!

January 10th, 2013 05:00

Hello DELL-Ravi Ch.

I also think this is a bios problem. I tried everything (I also work in IT, so I know what to do in these kind of cases). Movies and videos work ok, but the games don't. And i bought this laptop to play games. Please, talk with someone, and make them realise this is a serious problem which appears at many customers.

Develop a BIOS upgrade or something, because it's been quite a while now. Still no solution.

Thank you.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2013 02:00

i have same problem...intel hd 4000 shows...not the amd radeon hd 7670m....but all games work fine......mafia 2 ,fifa 13.....the card is there...and does work when high performance needed

No Events found!