Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2013 23:00

Laptop Dell Inspiron 14z - Can't even turn it on

I just bought my dell Inspiron 14z laptop for about one month ago and now for no reason suddenly it can't be switch on anymore. 
The last time i switched it on was yesterday night about 6pm. May I know what should I do..?

3.1K Posts

January 16th, 2013 00:00

Hi Patyongxl,

There are 3 different models available for Inspiron 14z. In the latest Inspiron 14z (5423) models, we cannot remove the battery to reset the system or remove the residual power; reset button can used in such scenarios. If you do not have the 5423, please share the exact system model.

- Resetting the system causes unsaved data to be lost
- The reset option will not reset the notebook or operating system to factory settings
- Pressing the reset button switches the system off

- Please use a paper clip or safety pin to reset the system by inserting the pointed end into the reset hole underneath the notebook (Refer to the image below)

Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Posts

There's a light on the AC adapter but when I clicked on the switch on button and there's nothing happened.

Then I unplugged everything and clicked the switch on button again but still nothing happened.

I don't see any battery that can be unplug on the below of the laptop.

What else should I do?

Thanks alot Appu S for the reply.

3.1K Posts

Hi Patyongxl,

Do you see any light on the system?
Is there a light on the AC Adapter?
Do you hear any kind of beeps from the system?

If there is no light on the AC Adapter, then try with an alternate AC Adapter. Please reseat the power cable from the brick. Please check the wall outlet for functionality.

You can try the following steps.

Drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Then remove the adapter
  • Remove the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter
  • Try to restart the computer and check

Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Posts

I think i have the same one. Ok i will try it out first.

Thanks alot.

4 Posts

January 16th, 2013 03:00

Thanks alot... I went to click the small button behind and it can be switch on now... 

Really thanks for your help~

3.1K Posts

January 16th, 2013 06:00

Hi Patyongxl,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Do reach out in case you have any further questions.

1 Message

May 10th, 2014 00:00

HI~ may i knw how is dis problem happen?
coz my laptop  in the same situation 

No Events found!