Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2011 11:00

Laptop keyboard stopped working

My keyboard stopped working today, and I was able to make it work my taking out the battery and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. I found this trick out online, but where I found it supplied information for drivers to fix this problem. However, the drivers were for an HP. Are there any drivers for my dell to help fix this problem?

By pressing the power button, it fixed the problem. But, from what I looked up, this is a problem that randomly occurs in other computers and HP has a driver for it, and I was wondering if there was any such thing for Dell. The problem's fixed, or at least held at bay for the moment. Should I still do this test?

297 Posts

First reset your lpatop to defaults by tapping the F2 when the Dell logo appears on startup. Find the option to "load default values" and then "save and exit",

The subsequent power-up will take longer than normal. When you see the Dell logo then tap the F12 and see can you launch the on-board diagnostics. Then select the options to test the mouse and the keyboard. If the mouse and the keyboard pass diagnostics then the issue lies with Windows.

Post back your findings.

No Events found!