Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

April 15th, 2012 14:00

Latitude E6410 won't boot

Hi there, 

I'm having trouble with my Latitude E6410 laptop, it won't boot at all. When i turn it on, it takes some time to display the Dell logo, then the blue progress bar goes all the way through but nothing else happens.

If i hit F2 to access the setup menu, it'll just show the "Preparing to enter Setup" message and then do nothing.

Same thing if i press F12, it just shows the "Preparing one-time boot menu..."but it freezes there and do nothing.

Any ideas, could you please help with this?

Thanks,

Oscar.-

3.8K Posts

April 15th, 2012 20:00

Hi Oscar,

Welcome to the Community. Try reseating your memory and then check. Use the below link for help on reseating your memory. If that does not work, try with just one memory and then try powering on.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Thank you

Royan

3.8K Posts

April 16th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

It could be an issue with the motherboard or the hard drive.

If you have an active warranty, send me a Private Message by clicking on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your service tag, phone number and address.

Thank you

Royan

April 16th, 2012 05:00

Hi Royan, thanks for the rapid response.

I actually tried that last night, i removed one of the memory modules and then the other but unfortunately  the same thing keeps happening.

I also tried resetting the CMOS by removing the little battery, with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

1 Message

March 15th, 2014 13:00

I am having the same problem please help 

No Events found!