Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2014 03:00

Latitude E7440

Though in all adverts it boasts about strong encryption options, I could not find any way of encrypting the disk other than Windows Bitlocker. 

In the Dell Data Protection Console, but there are no options in the Encryption Tab. I even downloaded directly from Dell product site DDP Encryption software (650 Mb !) but in the installation, personal installation option is disabled asking for only Enterprise installation which requires some kind of a server. 

Does anyone know how ?

10 Posts

June 19th, 2014 07:00

Hello MIKOLAJEK,

It appears that you may have been provisioned for the Personal Edition but encountered and error during download that only made the Enterprise Edition available. We have seen this happen in a select number of cases and are working to identify the source of such errors. Please contact our support center for assistance in fixing your provision issue, they are well versed at fixing this issue.

Thanks

43 Posts

March 5th, 2014 09:00

you need to order the laptop with a hardware encrypted HDD or SSD

10 Posts

March 7th, 2014 10:00

We have identified an issue with the delivery method that Dell Digital Delivery uses to push software to the clients that, in rare instances, may cause this situation. We have a method to fix this problem and Dell Support will be able to walk you through this process. Changes are being implemented to resolve this issue and changes will go live within the next month.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2014 02:00

I have exactly the same problem with my Precision M4800. I've downloaded DDP Encryption but when installed I had only Enterprise Edition available (Personal Edition greyed out). Since I've only downloaded it yesterday it looks the problem has not been solved despite Support's promise.

However, I've managed to successfully install DDP Encryption Enterprise by simply placing it on a local, not remote server and the installer accepted it. But I'm still stuck and 'm still unable to encrypt my system drive - I'm getting the message next to its icon "Not provisioned"...

What's the point to offer a software that apparently doesn't work OR is not suitable for SOHO users?

3 Posts

November 24th, 2014 18:00

Is this issue resolved. My DDP encryption shows the hard drive  of not provisioned.  I have a dell Latitude e5540 and it is brand new.

No Events found!