Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2009 15:00

Missing drivers on my dell latitude D600

Hello everyone,
I've recently purchased a used dell latitude D600 . It is missing all of these 7 drivers:

ethernet controller

multimedia audio controller

network controller

o2micro smartcardbus_reader

PCI modem

universal serial bus (USB) controler

video controller (vga compatible)

I know very little about computers and would really appreiciate any help, I can't seem to find them on this site, is there any where else that I can get them or am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone find them on this site? Also, once I do find these drivers, since I am missing both my usb and internet, how can I transfer from one computer to the other?Would a CD-R work? Thanks! All advice is greatly apprieciated!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

marissa90,

A CD/DVD will do.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

14.4K Posts

You will find your drivers HERE. Enter your service tag to par the listing down to drivers that are applicalbe to you particular system.

Sounds like you might have been through a recent reinstall of the OS. Read THIS on how to reload your drivers and software

3 Posts

Thanks...I really appreiciate your time, but I cant seem to find the drivers that I need on that page...Are all drivers on this site? Is there any where else I can get them?

14.4K Posts

September 21st, 2009 16:00

All the drivers that you need are there. Some of the listed ones are installed by the chipset driver. Use the link I sent about the order. Download each driver that is listed on the list and install them in the order given.

And yes you can load them on a thumb driver or burn them to a CD to transfer them to the computer. I would suggest that you make a folder for each driver so you know which one is which.

For example you make a folder the Notebook system software down load the driver into that folder and so on and so on.

No Events found!