Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

June 29th, 2011 22:00

My Inspiron N4110 webcam is not functioning

I was already install DELL Webcam Center but it shown 

So, I follow this help >> http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=266612#Issue3

But I can't continue in Step 2 No.4 because my 

"Service Tag is not supported."
What should I do next ???
Please advice

2 Posts

June 30th, 2011 00:00

... I can't continue in Step 2 No.4 because my 
"Service Tag is not supported."
What should I do next ???
Please advice
I guess that you're in the exact same situation as me. Specifically my Inspiron N7010 was bought without a preinstalled OS (not even an Ubuntu). It had only a FreeDOS disc, and nothing else. Now the problem is that when I've tried to register it on site and downloading some Win7 webcam stuff (because I've put Win7 x64 Ultimate on it in the meantime) the service tag isn't accepted. More accurately said is recognized as "without OS shipped" and refuted from registration as such. So I am stuck with this here, unfortunately...  :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 30th, 2011 03:00

only_one_oat,

Email address same as here and password. You have to use Internet Explorer. My Dell Downloads :: Login

If service tag not recognized, then contact Dell.

Try these instructions. Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

1 Message

April 17th, 2012 22:00

I have the same problem, like the others  That's webcam missing and not working. My

laptop is quite new, about 2 months or so. I wonder why Dell product does not last. I

hope to get a download for the webcam. I think it's from Creative.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 18th, 2012 03:00

David Teng,

Your laptop is under warranty, so contact Dell Tech Support.

At this time, we cannot determine the cause, some may have come loose but we suspect that a drivers from Windows Updates may have caused some of the webcams to malfunction.

Windows 7 is supposed to provide the drivers for the webcam.

Rick

April 27th, 2013 20:00

Investigating, the camera manufacturer is Creative Labs, but I don't know wich is the model.

Who can help me?

Victor Navarro

Barranquilla, COLOMBIA

MSN:
Mail:
Whatsapp:
9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2013 20:00

eres_un_vago,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Is your computer is under warranty?

Rick

1 Message

February 16th, 2016 07:00

i am verry satiesfied to dell

No Events found!