Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

1 Message

June 22nd, 2004 10:00

New Screen for Inspiron 8200

I managed to crack my 15" UXGA LCD screen on my Inspiron 8200 and was looking to replace it without spending enough money that I could buy a new laptop instead.  Any ideas whether replacing an LCD is difficult and where to get a replacement at the best price?  Thanks so much!

563 Posts

June 22nd, 2004 18:00

Hello KrimsMan,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

There is a teardown manual on your support page to show you how to remove your LCD.You can contact our spare parts department to get a price quote on an LCD or you can also follow suggestions provided by the forum members for other options to get another LCD. Hope that this helps.

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 22nd, 2004 20:00

No matter where you buy one, a screen is going to run $500-600+ for a 15" - lower end of that for an SXGA+;  higher for an UXGA.

1 Message

June 23rd, 2004 17:00

Try this site.  http://www.laptoprepair.com/lcd.htm

I had the same situation, cracked display.  I was able to get a 15" UXGA replacement display for a toshiba notebook for about $150 - $200 cheaper than anywhere else.  They have to send you a quote by e-mail.  Just fill out the form on the site.  In the problem description just state that you would only like a quote on the part and that you will be performing the repair yourself.

One word of warning, they are not the quickest at shipping the part.  When I used them they would only ship ground.  It did take about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks after I had paid before I recieved my display.  They stated that they had problems with the shipping company they use.  They said items were being damaged when shipped express.  But, they were very cheap.

9 Posts

June 23rd, 2004 18:00

I would recommend you using Ebay to buy it. It is usually about 50% cheaper than if you buy it anywhere else. Just make sure the seller has a rating of 95% or higher.

9 Posts

June 23rd, 2004 18:00

No Events found!