Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2012 00:00

PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM

I am the System Adminstrator of my company. I have set password on a company laptop which model is Dell Inspiron 1525 PP29L and i have forgotten.

Now I am stucked in this screen as above that ask me to enter passwork and click enter. There stated as "This computer system,#-595B, is protected by Password Authentication System. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password" in balck font with grey colour background on the white screen. Though when i enter password, there is nothing be shown in the screen. I have tried several times to enter password and click enter but it still remains on the same screen.

Any solution to bypass this or any other solutions??? Please help and Thanks in advance!!

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 00:00

I have a company laptop which model is Dell Inspiron 1525 PP29L and I stuck in the screen that ask me to enter passwork and click enter. There stated as "This computer system,#*******-595B, is protected by Password Authentication System. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password" in balck font with grey colour background on the white screen. Though when i enter password, there is nothing be shown in the screen. I have tried several times to enter password and click enter but it still remains on the same screen.

Any solution??? Please help!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2012 03:00

Talk to your system administrator.  If the password doesn't work, they will need to call Dell - unless the system is registered to yours, you cannot.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 6th, 2012 20:00

I am the system adminstrator of my company. I set the password ages ago and now i have forgotten. I am stucked at this screen. Any solution on it?

3.8K Posts

August 6th, 2012 21:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Service Tag, Phone Number and Address. You will need to verify under whose name this computer is registered.

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

August 6th, 2012 21:00

Hi,

I have already replied to you in another post. Avoid creating multiple posts if you already have a Thread running about the same issue.

Thank you.

1 Message

October 26th, 2012 14:00

my service number is # , please help me .

1 Message

November 27th, 2012 13:00

Royan...I have the same proble with the password authentication ans the grey screen of death....what is the go around to this...this happened after I replaced my HD with an SSD....Help...

December 5th, 2012 07:00

I have the same issue...can you help me.  I don't ever remember setting  My Service Tag # <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>...telephone number.

Please help.

1 Message

December 26th, 2012 16:00

Hello Royan, I sent you a friend request a while back regarding this same issue. Can you please respond when you get the chance. Exact same issue as above with an inspiron 1525,

2 Posts

January 16th, 2013 12:00

Hello, I am having this same issue with my daughters laptop. we cannot remember the system password at the white screen. any help you could offer would be greatly appriciated.

Dani

2 Posts

January 16th, 2013 12:00

Thank you so much.. I will give this a try.

1 Message

January 17th, 2013 08:00

I have the exact problem.  Please help:(

1 Message

February 5th, 2013 04:00

I have the same problem, please help me, i don't know how to send a private massage...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 11th, 2013 06:00

Contact the seller.  If they can't provide the password, return the system for a refund.

1 Message

March 11th, 2013 06:00

Hi MR S ROYAN!

JUST BOUGHT DELL INSPIRON 1720 ON EBAY.CO.UK ITEM  NUMBER !

SERVICE TAG:

EXPRESS SERVICE CODE:

IN BIOS DURING P.O.S.T. SCREEN IS # PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM!

PLEASE ADVISE.

MONDAY 11.3.2013

No Events found!