Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

January 1st, 2018 11:00

Precision 7520 Sleep Problem

I have encountered a weird problem with my 7520. When i either put it to sleep using the start menu or it goes to sleep on its own, it seems to actually go into hibernate mode. None of the status lights flash like it should and requires the power button to actually be pressed in order to come back up. I had zero luck researching this. Any one have any suggestions? Much appreciated and happy new year. 

9.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 07:00

Hi geonerdist,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  Here is some information from Dell's Knowledge Base that may be helpful.

17 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 06:00

Hi Robert,

Pushing the power button will wake it from sleep. But USB devices such as a mouse and keyboard should also wake it up. This function is enabled. I also noticed that the serial port on my dock is no longer showing up in Device Manager. After lots of troubleshooting I downgraded the BIOS from version 1.9.0 to 1.8.4 with no change in the serial port. I then downgraded to version 1.7.1 and now my serial port shows up and my laptop goes to sleep and is able to be woken up using a USB keyboard or mouse. However, the sleep status light does not flash still (either on the dock or the laptop).

The serial issue was most important when I discovered that since I use software that will not open without a valid COM port on the system.

Curtis

9.4K Posts

January 15th, 2018 06:00

Hopefully you've been able to resolve this by now.  If not, post back and I'll see if I can find someone who is more technical than I who can assist.

No Events found!