Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2018 02:00

The SupportAssist icon won't remove from my PC taskbar !

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT. What's the method to remove the icon from the taskbar (or is it the notifications tray)?  I've failed with all the usual Windows10 taskbar settings methods, and failed with right-clicking my mouse on it for anything appearing as a sub-menu. Attached screenshot shows it's the larger icon on the right; I've texted in some description.

1 Attachment

10 Posts

January 4th, 2018 12:00

Inept answers below are rejected in favor of this reply from tech support via email:

[ My Community topic is the obtrusive taskbar [or is it "notifications tray"?] icon for your SupportAssist. ]

"You may right click on the empty part of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and manage the toolbars available.

If you opt to remove the toolbar for Dell SupportAssist, the icon should go away."

In my case, :emotion-5: what I'd failed to notice was the available taskbar choice to uncheck.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 1st, 2018 12:00

:emotion-2:

At the bottom left of taskbar, click on Windows logo, right click Support Assist, select More, and Unpin From Taskbar.

10 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 03:00

Please grasp that I'm not trying to get the little Support Assist icon but the LARGER icon to its right, shown in my edited screenshot that I'm attaching here.

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 06:00

I'm assuming the system is a Inspiron 5555.....

I suspect the larger Icon could be a malware that imitating Support Assist. Please download and run the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in link below.

Malwarebytes - Official Site

If the Malware scanner doesn't pick up any thing, check if there's a Dell Foundation Services - Application on the system. If there's one, I'd suggest uninstalling it to see if the icon disappear. Type Settings onto search box, select Apps, search the listed programs or look for it in Programs & Features.You could always reinstall Application later in your Dell Product Support page.

Support for Inspiron 5555 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 07:00

If none of the steps work, I'd suggest you run System Restore tool on the system The tool will bring the system to an earlier time before the icon appear. Type Create A Restore Point onto search box, select System Restore.

How to Use System Restore in Windows 7, 8, and 10

10 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 18:00

WHAT NONSENSE. Are you just rollicking through as many answers as you can in order to raise your points here? Please look at the screen shot and don't reply unless you've got more than boilerplate for me.

No Events found!