Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2013 10:00

Two finger tap (right click) not enabled

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could show me how to enable the two finger tap on the dell touchpad. I have an Inspiron 3521 and when I first started using it I was able to right click with my touchpad and then it stopped for some reason. Would really appreciate the help thank you. :)

1 Message

August 25th, 2016 14:00

Here is the step by step solution that I fixed the problem for two finger tap right click with my DELL. Just follow the steps... 

1. Press Win+R keys to open run, type regedit and hit enter to open Registry Editor.
  2. Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadSMB2cTM2382". 
  3. On the right double click on "MultiFingerTapFlags" entry and update its value to 3.
  4. On the right double click on "2FingerTapAction" entry and update its value to 2.
  5. After, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Win10"
  6. On the right double click on "MultiFingerTapFlags" entry and update its value to 3.
  7. On the right double click on "2FingerTapAction" entry and update its value to 2.

It's necessary to restart.

PS: If you don't find the "2FingerTapAction" just create a DWORD 32 bit, rename and update the value. 

Hope it works! 

August 27th, 2013 12:00

Hi irivera4,

You may try updating the driver from the link below.

The link is http://dell.to/1503z9q

Note: The driver provided above is for windows 7 & 8.

Also, check the touchpad settings. Click the touchpad icon in the system tray and click touchpad properties.

For any further issues, please provide the operating system installed.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

3 Posts

August 28th, 2013 08:00

Thank you. I already updated the driver and still no right click. I already went into the properties but I cant find anything that asks about right click with two finger tap. I would have thought that this option would have been under Sensitivity > Tapping or Gestures > Two Finger Gestures.  I am running my inspiron on windows 8.

August 28th, 2013 18:00

Hi irivera4,

You will have to check the Gesture settings. Refer to the video provided for the settings.

Hope this helps.

Keep me updated with the results. I will be glad to assist you further.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2013 19:00

I saw the video and there was nothing about the two finger tap is there any other way to enable it besides the dell touchpad application ?

September 10th, 2013 02:00

Hi irivera4,

I would like to apologize for the delay in response as I was out of office.

There is no other way to enable the option.

As you have mentioned that you were able to right click using the two finger gesture, you may try to restore the system to factory settings.

Refer to the below link for more information on how to restore the system to factory settings.

The link is: http://dell.to/1dXuawt

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

1 Message

August 11th, 2016 11:00

Kindly tell how to enable dual finger tap in case of Windows 10. I am using Dell Inspiron 3542.

1 Message

July 16th, 2017 18:00

this is helpful. thanks

No Events found!