Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2011 14:00

Ultra Sensitive Keyboard!

I just received my Dell Inspiron 17R laptop with Windows 7.  I am loving the laptop, however, the keyboard seems extra sensitive to me.  In the middle of what I'm typing, the cursor will jump back a line or two and start inserting type there instead of where it was previously.  I thought I was maybe dragging my hand across the mouse window while typing to cause this, but I've been typing with my hands raised above this and it is still doing this.

Is this a defect or are these keyboards really just that sensitive?

1 Message

February 14th, 2012 09:00

I have the same problem.  Just started a day ago.  I thought it might be a virus, so I scanned everything and nothing was there.  Then I started searching for answers.  One other post said it has to do with a Dell upgrade.  If you find a solution, let me know! 

1 Message

February 23rd, 2013 09:00

This is way beyond annoying at this point. Makes the computer almost unusuable. What to do?  HELP

1 Message

April 18th, 2014 04:00

I constantly end up in the middle of a sentence somewhere else in the paragraph too and it is really embarrassing.I am in the middle of an e-mail when all of a sudden the e-mail is "sent". I thought it was my issue too until I did a search and read these comments. I switch between an IBM for personal use and a Dell Latitude E6410 for work. My son observed my typing and he said that I did not do anything to cause the problem. Apparently it is a Dell issue for those who have a hard touch to the keyboard. I am now switching to another Dell for work. Hopefully this problem will go away because it is really unproductive when you have to type very slow and carefully, constantly being on the watch, explaining when the e-mail was sent prematurely..

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

October 27th, 2017 11:00

I am also having the same problem with my new Inspiron 17.  Very annoying, DELL already changes the touchpad but still have the problem.  ANY SOLUTIONS OUT THERE????

No Events found!