Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2011 13:00

WWAN 5540 and Latitude E6520

HI, bought dell wireless hsdpa 5540 card and i can't install it on my dell latitude E6520.

There is not drivers for this laptop.

Other drivers (from latitude E6510) gives message "Authentication failed. The Dell Wireless 5540 HSPA Mobile Mini Card cannot be installed on this computer".

Does anyone know how to install those or maybe others drivers on this laptop?

Does anyone know which-one dial up manager i should be used ?

I use win7pro/x64

Regards

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 24th, 2011 09:00

Have you tried installing the drivers for the 5550 card they are available on the drivers and download page. If the two cards are similar the drivers may work. e.g. I installed the Dell 355 bluetooth module using a Dell bluetooth 370 driver for windows 7. 

Driver: R298998

Application: R298995

10 Posts

September 1st, 2011 08:00

Regarding Latitude E6420/6520 and Dell 5540 Mobile wireless. I've tried every driver listed on Dells website and none will install this device in these machines. Possibly because they are new. Note I said none will install because Dell has rigged the installer to compare the machine type to a list of approved machines and when it sees it is trying to install the driver into one of the above laptops, it stops the installation. The card will work if you can figure out how to install the driver. The driver install routine can be hacked to bypass the test but it's an ordeal unless you are a programmer. Not worth it. I became totally frustrated and returned the device to Dell. Others more patient than I have managed to install the driver so the laptop would recognize and work with that device. Life is too short and Dell is way too shortsighted. I am still trying to identify and purchase a radio mini-card that will work in this machine. In the meantime I have left it home for two trips and taken my trusty old T61p with a radio card that works.  Should have ordered it (the WAN card)  with the machine but was not intending to use it that way. Dell's support in this regard has been way under par. I'vs spent hours holding and suffered a dozen disconnects. Customers not treated this way by Dell's competion. I'm about convinced to go back to previous vendor personally and insist my company do the same.

7 Posts

May 21st, 2012 03:00

i had the same problem with a 5530 out of a e6500 installing on a e6510

i ript the MSI package with the drivers for the 6500 and used them on the e6510, this works

i guess dell makes the packages with a model check in it, ripping the drivers wont use this check

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2015 12:00

How do you rip the drivers as you have done?

151 Posts

April 18th, 2017 10:00

you can use winrar or universal extractor (free programs)

No Events found!