Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 28th, 2014 09:00

Western digital hard disk (HDD) error code - Dell Inspiron N5030 notebook

Hello,

The utility "My Dell" performs extensive/detailed tests on all hardware components...All tests pass except for 1 or 2 hard disk subtests such as S.M.A.R.T.

The following is the error code "0F00:1332"  and the msg: DISK - Block 95352967 Interrupt request

In my opinion there are a few BAD sectors on the HDD but not sure if needs replacement or repairing with professional tools...

Thank you..

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

There is no such thing as a few bad sectors.

S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology errors indicate the drive is going to die SOON.

When a failure is anticipated by S.M.A.R.T the user is warned.

Modern drives have bad sectors just like the old school drives did.

Factory maps those out so that there are no bad sectors.

When a drive then shows bad sectors it means that all the spare sectors are gone and ECC errors are no longer correctable.

Hard Disk failures fall into one of two basic classes:

• Predictable failures (SMART) result from slow processes such as mechanical wear and gradual degradation of storage surfaces. Monitoring can determine when such failures are becoming more likely.
  • Unpredictable failures happen suddenly and without warning. They range from electronic components becoming defective to a sudden mechanical failure (perhaps due to improper handling).

2 Posts

Hello there,

Thank you for your response and accurate detailed explanation!

Indeed for so many years there have been some extremely professional scanning tools that could repair faulty sectors on hard drive...Yet in some cases this is not the case and may not be healed or recovered!

since my Dell laptop N5030 was released in 2011 with minimal use, I assumed that it was just a minor HDD sign...that is the Western Digital HDD should at least operate for longer than 3years time period..

Now I realize that the best thing to do is to REPLACE it with a new one...Dell recommends the same HDD which is so expensive! 

Once again thank you for your feedback..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Bad sectors mean a new drive is needed.

No Events found!