Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2010 22:00

What is ANIOApi.dll? How do I get the reinstallation?

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista. Every time I power on my computer and get to the desktop a message appears saying  I have to reinstall ANIOApi.dll?  to my computer? I have no clue what this device is? Why do I need it and what does this do? Also in my device manager under Base system devices it has a question mark (no exclamation) next to the device. Is the ANIOApi.dll installation and the base system device related? Actually what is the Base System Device????

116 Posts

August 24th, 2010 04:00

Have you done anything with your network connection lately? Like changing to a new router or installing new drivers or other software for it?

If so, it was probably left over from the previous installation. ANIO is used by D-Link drivers and is often left behind by setup/reinstall/modify utilities. Unfortunately, if that's the case you have to remove it manually. Fortunately, this is easy :emotion-1:

Go to add/remove program under control panel and remove two things:

- ANI services      and

- ANIWZCS2 services

This also helps if you ever see a similar message about WZCSLDR2 but I gather that you don't get that one.

[Please note that I assume that you have no other problems with your connection - just that irritating message]

No Events found!