Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

February 12th, 2005 16:00

Why does my A32 BIOS Dell Inspiron 1100 turn FANS ON ONLY when temperature has reached 55* celsius?

Hi to Everybody.
My compurter turns on, and its Fans are not running except when windows is loading up. After the windows has been loaded my Fans turn off, and stay off until my computer temperature reaches 55 degree Celcius. When that temperature has been reached my FANS lower the temperature to 50 Celcius and then they shut off again and stay off until it reaches back 55 degree celcius again.

I was surprised to find out that if you put your computer into STANDBY for a while and then you turn it on, the Fan control changes its attitude. The moment you turn it on from STANDBY its FANS run on slow most of the time and the temperature of my computer elevates form 30* celcius to maximun of 40* celcius. Once the temperature approaches 40* celcius Fans run on HIGH and not slow anymore. It is so hard to understand why there is this kind of change on the FAN control system.

One more question. I am using FANGUI (ONLY AS A CPU TEMPERATURE READER not TO CONTROLL MY FAN SPEEDS). I dont know if FANGUI is perfect when it comes to read my CPU temperature that is why i would like to ASK ANYBODY------ IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO SEE YOUR CPU TEMPERATURE WITHOUT FANGUI. DOES DELL HAVE ANY WAY THAT USERS OF INSPIRON 1100 CAN USE TO SEE THEIR COMPUTER CPU TEMPERATURE?????

I HOPE DELL HAS AN ANSWER FOR THIS.

52 Posts

February 16th, 2005 21:00

Nope, Dell has no utility to view internal temperatures

No Events found!