Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2013 19:00

XPS L521X - Camera not detected after Windows 8 Upgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 8 and now my camera doesn't work with Skype or anything. When I open the Windows 8 camera app it says that there's a problem with my camera. Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 9th, 2013 20:00

Hello JG89,

There are few steps I would suggest which might help us in fixing the issue. Try the following steps:  

1. Did you check in Device Manager if the Webcam is getting detected as Imaging Device? If its not getting detected in Device Manager try Resetting the System Setup (BIOS) to its Default Settings.

2. If the webcam id listed in Device Manager, uninstall the webcam from the device manager and allow Windows 8 to reinstall the driver automatically after a restart and check the functionality. Refer the article on Diagnosing Integrated Webcam Driver Issues when Upgrading from Windows 7 to 8.

3. After upgrading the operating system to Windows 8 you will need to uninstall Webcam Central (if you did not uninstall before upgrading) and then reinstall it. Click here to download the Dell Webcam Central software. 
For more details, You can also click here to refer the thread for the webcam issue after upgrading to windows 8.

Please write back if you have any further questions.

2 Posts

January 10th, 2013 20:00

Thank you! That fixed it. Great customer support!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 12th, 2013 21:00

Hi Jg89,

I am glad to be of help. For further questions please feel free to contact us.
No Events found!