Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MR

July 26th, 2015 16:00

XPS13 9343 USB port wiggle

Hello,

I own a brand new XPS13-9343.

It is obvious that two different USB ports have been installed.

I noticed that everything I insert in the right USB port ist tight, but whatever goes in the left USB port wiggles, especially USB2 devices and cables.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

1.2K Posts

July 27th, 2015 04:00

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum .

In this case based on the symptoms given do confirm if you are facing this issue after any  software/hardware changes were made on the system .

Do forward the service tag of the system via private message so that I can check the specifications of the system .

Kindest Regards ,

1 Rookie

• 

31 Posts

July 27th, 2015 11:00

No, nothing has been changed. I took a closer look on both ports and compared them. They are different design. An obvious difference is that on the right port the spring is all the way down to the connector board. On the left side it is half way only. Because of the half way it doesn't fix the USB device.

1.2K Posts

July 28th, 2015 03:00

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the reply ! 

The USB port on the right is a USB 3.0 with power share feature : this Connects peripherals such as storage devices, printers, and so on. Provides data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps and Power Share allows the computer to charge USB devices even when the power is off.

The USB port on the left is USB 3.0 port to used to connect USB devices only.

The USB Port on the right connects all the way down to the connector board because of power share feature . But which of these USB Ports have wriggling issue.

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards ,

1 Rookie

• 

31 Posts

July 28th, 2015 04:00

The left port has the issue (non power sharing). After a closer look, comparing both their major difference is that the stabilizer spring (or whatever you would call it) reaches only half way down to the pin-connector. On the right side it is all the way down which keeps anything tight inside. I have been delivered a return with a worn out port or simply it is a design error. There are some evidences that it is a return... Battery life, shipment date in the system.

No Events found!