Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2013 13:00

dell inspiron n5110 webcam

Hello, I got problem with my Dell inspiron n5110(64 bit) integrated webcam. Since I bought my laptop, I didn't use the webcam but I did tried it long ago to take pictures of me and it was working back then .And now out of no where I tried to use the webcam again but its not working. I tried almost everything by what I saw in dell forum about this issue but nothing worked till now.

There is no "Imaging" in my device manager.

Also when I tried to test my webcam using "http://www.testwebcam.com/"...."it says cannot find camera"

I tried to install drivers for webcam central but it didnt worked either.

I use windows 7

Is there a problem in the hardware itself or is the problem just with the drivers?

please I need help to get this solved.

I hope I dont have to change the integrated webcam...:(

* Sorry for my poor english.

• 

3.3K Posts

June 12th, 2013 13:00

Hi Estep,

I see that you have tried almost all the trouble shooting steps to resolve the issue. However check if you are facing the issue after installing the application given below. I recommend you to uninstall the Webcam from ‘Programs and Features’ before installing the application.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Now check if the webcam is working or I request you to run diagnostics using Dell PC diagnostics by clicking on the link below:

http://dell.to/11GelRo     

Under ‘Hardware’ from the listed components under ‘Diagnostic Selector’ select ‘Camera’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

2 Posts

June 13th, 2013 03:00

Hello DELL-Sujatha K ,

I think I already tried both installing the driver and  the diagnosis but it was not working. I tried to uninstall and install the driver listed above again but still not working. It is always showing "No supported webcam" in dell webcam central software.

For the diagnosis  I followed the steps and the result says that "A diagnostic category was specified and the applicable device does not exist."

I also download the "Dell system detect" but no where in it I can see the integrated webcam. I runned the PC checkp in the Dell system detect and eveything is working fine and all the test are done but I cannot see the integrated camera anywhere, neither on my laptop..:(

I did forget to mention that yesterday earlier on i formatted my laptop but the webcam problem already existed before formatting. I did format my laptop because of viruses and the bluetooth driver which was not working and I thought that after that all the problem in my laptop would be solved.

The other problem are solved and the others drivers are working fine except for the webcam.

Can I please know what is the nature of the problem? Is it the hardware that is the integrated webcam itself or its driver?

And pleasee help me solve this problem because it isn't working...:(

• 

3.3K Posts

June 13th, 2013 18:00

Hi Estep,

I suspect it is a hardware issue with the webcam.  If you are comfortable you may try reseating the connection of the Webcam. Find the link below for the service manual:

http://bit.ly/11R8yLX    

You will find the instruction for webcam under Display assembly. Or you may take to any local technician and get that checked. Even after reseating the webcam cable, if it not working you may consider replacing it. If the system is under warranty send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on the link below to check the warranty of the system:

http://dell.to/12Bz4Il

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 09:00

hi Sujatha,  I followed the every step told in service manual but unable to repair the web cam and mic.  What may be the possible cause for the detection failure of the cam and mic ?

• 

3.3K Posts

July 24th, 2013 02:00

Hi digitalgowda,

I would like to know the result of the PC diagnostics. If in case you are getting an error message the Webcam is not detected, I suggest that you reseat the webcam cable.  Let me know the system model to provide the link for service manual.

Also let me know if the webcam is listed under ‘Imaging devices’ in ‘Device Manager’.

If the system model is N5110, find the link below for the service manual. You will find the instruction under Display Panel:

http://bit.ly/T2rhPa       

2 Posts

August 10th, 2013 22:00

I'm also using Dell Inspiron n5110 laptop. (core i7) I'm having same  problem as above. I'm using windows 8 operating system and i used integrated web cam and microphone since last 10 months. but now its not detected,. I cant use skype. In dell driver web page also i cant find web cam drivers or software. PC dianosis results didnt worked  on my computer.

I searched many support web pages, but couldnt find a solution. I'm not satisfied with the DELL support   with Web cams and driver softwares :-(

even when i'm getting registered with this community web page, on the application list my country is not listed ! ( My country is Sri lanka)

I want to know the reason for sudden failure of Web camera on my Inspiron n5110 laptop

Please help.

• 

3.3K Posts

August 11th, 2013 21:00

Hi harindra79,

Please check if the Webcam is listed in the Device Manager. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’. Check if the Webcam is listed under Imaging Devices, if not check under Other Devices.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2013 21:00

Dear Sujatha K

Under Device manager, web cam  not listed (Imaging) but earlier it was there in the list. I'm sure it is not detected. due to some kind of a failure isn't it?

• 

3.3K Posts

August 13th, 2013 01:00

Hi harindra79,

Thank you for the update. I request you to follow the steps given below:

Completely shut the system down. Turn on the system and at the dell logo, tap the F2 key on the keyboard every two seconds. In the BIOS screen press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save. Press ‘ESC’ to exit from the BIOS screen.

Next install the webcam application from the link given below:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Let me know the status.

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hai Sujatha K,

Is that possible to formate my Dell N5110 without disc ?. 

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hai Sujatha K,

Is that possible to format my Dell N5110 without disc ?. 

1 Message

January 7th, 2014 16:00

I am using windows 8 as well, I found a disabled USB device in Device Manager, I pressed the disabled button and then pressed the enable button when it came back. Then the web cam starting working.

I got to that menu by right clicking the device going to properties, then going to the driver tab.

No Events found!