Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2012 15:00

dell vostro 1500 front/media buttons

Hi, I would like to disable the fron media buttons. They are not working properly cutting the sound without being touched.

Please help...

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 20th, 2012 03:00

Hi Freakinit,

I am afraid for this laptop there is no option to disable the Media buttons.

5 Posts

October 20th, 2012 09:00

Thank you for the help. I opened my laptop and I've simply disconnected the buttons. Too bad that the software modification it’s not possible (anyway this is a plus when you reinstall Windows). Anyway it is an old laptop, but still performing well. I must admit Dell did a good job. This has been the first hardware issue I have in 4 years and 5 months.

Thanks again Sethil

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 17th, 2012 20:00

Hi Freakinit,

Since you have mentioned that you want to disable the media buttons in the computer, you can go ahead and uninstall the Dell Quickset software from the computer. Please follow the steps below.

In case you are using the ‘windows XP’ click on start > control panel > add or remove programs > select the Dell quickset software and uninstall. If you’re using ‘windows vista’ please follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type programs and features > select Dell Quickset software and uninstall the software.

I hope you find this useful.

5 Posts

October 18th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

I have Windows 7 and I didn't install dell quickset software...what to do?

5 Posts

October 18th, 2012 11:00

I've tried to install the quickset version for vista now and then when I try to uninstall it says contact the administrator, but I have an administrator acount. Had this version of Windows for more than one year without any problems...

I think it is a hardware problem with the front buttons this is why I want to disable them...it is very anoying, can not listen to music and the buttons lit up every couple seconds or minutes...

Please help any ideas (besides disassembling the laptop?)

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 07:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.            

No Events found!