Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

May 15th, 2012 14:00

how can i get the showing of "Extended battery life is activated" off my screen?

In the bottom right of my screen is a rectangular blue box that says Extended battery life activated, and it stays on the screen, in front of everything.  Even when I go online. Is not just on the task bar is above that on lower right. Drives me nuts - always on top and in the way. It does not allow clicking or right clicking on it.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 15th, 2012 15:00

You need to say what model computer and operating system. That message appears on Laptops. This is the desktop forum. Try turning off Extended battery setting. See if anything in this thread helps-- en.community.dell.com/.../19404789.aspx

1 Message

July 9th, 2012 12:00

Annoying isn't it? Here's how to get rid:

• Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager.
  • Click on the tab labelled "Processes".
  • Find the process named "quickset.exe", right click on it and select "End Process". Confirm the dialog that appears.

September 8th, 2012 18:00

You are so awesome! Saved me from months of misery

1 Message

December 3rd, 2012 13:00

Thanks. It was a big help.

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2013 18:00

Thanks.  Worked for me. 

1 Message

June 5th, 2013 05:00

That's awesome man...you rock..

1 Message

June 7th, 2013 00:00

nice

1 Message

July 3rd, 2013 21:00

Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ It was driving me CRAZY!! :emotion-18:

1 Message

October 18th, 2013 15:00

did you find the answer? this is also making me crazy! cheers 

2 Posts

December 27th, 2013 13:00

Greetings,

killing quickset.exe process isn't very good idea: it closes many useful features of "Quick Set". So the problem still exist! There is some bug inside Quickset source code.

I wrote some batch code which restarts (not only kills) quickset process. Just create file with notepad called Restart_quickset.cmd and put these lines:

@ECHO OFF
start /B /wait taskkill /F /IM quickset.exe
start /B /D "C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet" quickset.exe

I'll try to contact the developer and to convince them to correct this bug.

Regards,

Denis S.

No Events found!