Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2011 15:00

inspiron 1525 can't get wifi to be recognized in vista

I did a clean install of vista basic.  Everything seems fine except for the drivers for the wifi.  I have tried every driver on dell site, the only one that looks right is for xp and won't install on vista.  Please help me I have been trying to fix this issue for days now.

3.8K Posts

November 30th, 2011 23:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If you just reinstalled windows then read the below link on how to install the drivers in the correct order. If they are not installed in the correct order a few devices may not work properly.

support.dell.com/.../document

After you have installed the drivers in the correct order, you can download the wireless drivers using the below link, install only which card is on your system.

Dell Wireless Card:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Intel Wireless Card:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 1st, 2011 04:00

first state,

Start with the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers, first. Then install the rest of the drivers right down  the list. This should start working. The signs that the drivers were not installed properly usually the signs of the wireless adapter not installing. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

You may want to read...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager then use Internet Explorer to download the drivers , in your browser.

Since Dell recently upgraded the Drivers & Downloads page, the first time you try to download the drivers, when you click it will ask, choose the top selection. It may then sit there and do nothing. Click the download button again and the download should start.

You can use the drivers disk that came with the system, also.

Rick

December 1st, 2011 04:00

Since all the other drivers are installed, how do I uninstall them all and reinstall in the correct order?  I don't seem to have a drivers CD that came with the computer, so windows just updated all the drivers on its own.  Is there somewhere to download the drivers so they get installed in the correct order.

December 2nd, 2011 07:00

thanks that is great information.  I found the drivers cd that came with the laptop.  How do I unistall all the drivers to start over in the correct order.

December 2nd, 2011 08:00

or, do I just reinstall everyting in the correct order without deleting anything?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2011 07:00

first state,

Start installing the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers, then follow the list. Everything should start working.

Rick

6 Posts

March 27th, 2012 00:00

Under the Device Manager, the only thing that has a Yellow Exclamation mark is the "Other devices / Network Controller".  If I try to update the driver and search online, it returns with "Windows was unable to install your Network Controller.  Windows could not find driver software for your device.  ..."

6 Posts

March 27th, 2012 00:00

I have tried all that was suggested with no luck.  The switch on the bottom right hand side still does not turn on the wifi.  Could you please tell me the specific order using the service tag " <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> ", Inspiron 1525 Windows Vista.  Do I have to do anything in the Bios? I have the updated A17 Bios.

Thanks,

Mark

6 Posts

March 28th, 2012 01:00

Had the same issue.  Found the driver for the Inspiron 1525 wireless minicard for Windows Vista on the A17 Bios here:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_multi-device_A17_R174292.exe

Which I found when i googled this site:

downloadnew.org/.../dell-inspiron-laptop-1525-wireless-1395-wlan-minicard-download-485221.html

Hope this helps.

1 Message

March 16th, 2013 12:00

I also have this same issue.  I have installed the drivers in the right order.  I cant' get the wifi to work.  In device manager it still shows the ! in a yellow circle.  I've tried reinstalling the wireless drivers 4 times now and it just won't work.

1 Message

September 4th, 2013 13:00

Totally Worked... You Rock!!!

1 Message

January 4th, 2014 21:00

THANK YOU MVPICAZO!!!  That totally worked!  YAY!

1 Message

April 17th, 2014 07:00

I signed in through Google just to say: Thank you MVPicasso.

1 Message

October 5th, 2014 11:00

That worked perfectly !

Thank you so much. <3

2 Posts

October 13th, 2014 16:00

MVPICAZO, Thank you, this worked!

No Events found!