Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2012 01:00

inspiron n5040 stoped from work and given7 beeps

I gifted a new inspiron n5040 laptpop since 2 month ago from saudia arabia , but after 1 month of safe usage the laptop stoped from work suddenly , and when i try to operating it dont start up and dont showing anything on screen , but give 7 beep continuously. i treid to resolve this problem by disconnect and reconnect all parts in the laptop but the proplem didnot resolved , but sometime give 3 beeps when start up and sometime dont give any beep ,while the front led is light in all cases. After that i take it to the laptops engineer (not dell agent ) and after 2days of testing it , he tell me that the laptop need to reinstalling the bios system , and he need another laptop same my laptop to take bios system , and he tell me that he dont see same my laptop model in yemen and all dell laptops in yemen in another model , i told hem to download bios system from dell site , he say this impossible because the avilable softtware in site update only. (infact i didnot satisfaction to his speach) please help me about type of this problem and how i can resolve it

3.8K Posts

April 26th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. 7 beeps on startup means a Processor Failure. You will need to have the Processor replaced.

Thank you

Royan

April 26th, 2012 07:00

thank you my brother Royan for your answer

but i told  this  to   engineer after i reading answer about beep codes in this subject

en.community.dell.com/.../20046244.aspx

but he tel me he was try to replase all parts (RAM,processor,hard,... etc) but problem not resolved , but he my be lie , so i

No Events found!