Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2011 11:00

Is anyone using Mainframe Enablers Consistency Groups 7.3?

Is anyone using Mainframe Enablers Consistency Groups 7.3?  I'd like to discuss the challenges.

I'm having a problem with tripping a congroup after moving a volume from one congroup to another.

I've opened a problem, and it is being worked on.

February 8th, 2012 08:00

Are you using TDMF for your migrations?

It may not be the issue you're facing, but, if you're using TDMF to move volumes between two ConGroups, you need to make sure the API into ConGroup is set up appropriately. Otherwise it can cause problems with validations for AutoSwap, and, I'm guessing, it could cause issues with ConGroup trips.

TDMF will not fail if the API isn't working, but there should be a few messages noting that it can not interface with the API. Also, I believe there is a parm that needs to be added to the TDMF cards defining the started task name for ConGroup.

February 8th, 2012 09:00

Quick clarification: The ConGroup API needs to be enabled to ensure you do NOT move volumes between ConGroups. TDMF requires the volumes to be in the same ConGroup, and it will disable/reenable the ConGroup during/after the move. Without the API, TDMF ignores this requirement.

Unchecked moving between groups apparently confuses the ConGroup task. When using AutoSwap, the only way I know of to catch this problem (other than attempting a swap) is to perform a validate of the group (which fails and disables the group).

No Events found!