Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2017 12:00

Blue screen Error code "0xc000014c" after using Dell Backup and Recovery

Hello,

Im having problems with my inspiron N5010, I bought it with windows 7.

- it all started with a blue screen with the error "0XC000000F".
- as I read guides about this, it was recommended to restore the system with "Dell Backup and Recovery". after using the program it shows I had minor error (in the picture) but the system supposed to load up, it doesnt. 

-  now im having a new error message  "0xc000014c" on a blue screen.

Things I have tried already:

- Dell OS recovery tool, > when I enter the service tag it shows "no OS images defined for the product (makes no sense, I bought the computer with windows 7)

- getting an OS image from microsoft > tells me to get help from device manufacturer.

- Seems that Dell doesnt have a support phone line in my country.

It looks like this forum is the only way to get help, and i'll appreciate any help given. 

43 Posts

November 1st, 2017 13:00

Hello,

Inspiron is not supported under Configuration services, as a starting point please contact number 1-800-289-3355.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2017 14:00

Im sorry but that just not making an sense. It has the Name "DELL" on it, and this forum is "DELL COMMUNITY".
How can it possibly not be supported ?
I do not live inside the US calling this number will end up with alot of money wasting and no solution.
who can take the responsibility on DELLs computers?
This is just the worst experience I ever had with a computer's company... 

43 Posts

November 1st, 2017 16:00

the Hello,

This helpdesk support an Imaging tool call ImageAssist and the environment does not support Inspiron family of models and also this particular forum community is ImageAssist, the imaging tool that this helpdesk supports.  That is the reason I had given you the other number to call 800-289-3355.  Also please keep in mind that there are many different organizations in Dell to support different aspects of the business.

No Events found!